Right now mostly requirements are made only for piercers; corporate members are under discussion.
1. Never kill.
First and foremost piercer can not infect his clients and people involved with uncurable deseases and kill them with any other ways. Piercer must work safe towards everyone. Generally this means not only understanding safety standards (local and worldwide), but also the ability to maintain them.
2. Never harm.
Person who does practice body piercing should realise how it works and know the basics and first things. Apart from everything else it is also a minimum 3 years of expirience in industry for regular members, and from 1 year for initiatives.
3. Thou shalt not steal.
Professional could be distinguished from worker by his attitude. This is work ethics, this is principle honesty with yourself and those around, this is commitment to learn and grow. And due to each member of Association becomes its face, these are also skills of business communication and ability to control your emotions and expressions of individuality which helps to avoid causing harm the Association reputation. This also requires good esteems from 2 currently active ruAPP members.
All these things are checked by Admissions board on the base of filled out application of Piercer, his reputation, portfolio, etc.
Download the application form HERE (it is in Russian only).
1. Fill out an application form, instructions are inside the file with the form.
2. Filled out form has to be sent to email@example.com
3. During 4 weeks Admissions board review the application, defining the degree of compliance of declared knowledge and skills to moral standards and principles of Association
4. In case of favourable consideration applicant is informed via email.
5. Applicant must pay entry-fee, which already includes annual member fee. In January 2018 it is 5000 RUB. Annual fee is 2500 RUB.
6. After recieving the payment the applicant got the status – "Active" or "Apprentice".
1. Active – ordinary member of ruAPP, have a right to vote at general meetings. Have a right to use the logo of ruAPP, represent it, but have no right to speak on its behalf
2. Apprentice – ordinary member of Association, who has less than half a year of professional experience, but has already approved his abilities. Has a right to vote on general meetings, but has no right to use logo of Association
3. Corporative - not a piercer, has a right to express his opinion on general meeting, has no right to vote and right of free usage of logo (without alignment with Committee of ruAPP)
4. Medical – not a piercer, but is active under Russian legislation). Plays and advisory role, has no right to vote and right of free usage of logo (without alignment with Committee of ruAPP)
5. Volunteer – not a piercer, has a right to express his opinion on general meeting and vote on the issue of organisation of Association. This status is for people, who want to bring the idea of professional piercing to other people and to be a part of Association, not becoming a piercer.
When Admission committee checks the atendee's survey, it checks if attendee understands and uses:
1. Bloodborn pathogens, ways of their contamination
2. Disinfection and sterilization, and what is the difference.
3. Terms of contamination and potential contamination for items and surfaces.
4. No way for piercing guns (and why)
5. Piercing with sterilized professional piercing needles only.
6. Piercing with sterilized jewelry only.
7. Using jewelry made of hypoallergic materials only.
8. Using jewelry internally threaded or threadless only.
9. Using sterilizer (autoclave or air dry heat sterilzer) for instrument reprocessing.
10. Disinfection, sterilisation terms, standards, preparation rules.
11. Piercing with jewelry never previously worn only.
13. Knowledge of initial anatomy and jewelry shapes and sizes, knowledge of downsize principles (why and when).
14. Principles of diagnostics and troubleshooting for piercing.
15. First aid and other emergency cases behavior.
16. Piercing room should have only washable surfaces.
17. Biohazard box for dangerous items; biohazard trashcan with hands-free operated lid.
18. Handwashing station with hands-free operated tap.
19. No anaesthesia for piercing.
20. Cross-contamination and using things to prevent it.